My mother has been using this LG Optimus L3 for about 2 years. By the time this post written, it's obsolete, especially the storage was unacceptable, only few hundreds MB's available for systems app and other installation, and the other 1 GB storage was partitioned as secondary.
I bought her a new phone to replace her old LG, and she look happy :)
And i decided to keep the LG as my secondary phone.
So, after googling, reading, testing and comparing for some amount of time, i manage to root it and found the best solution for the storage issue.
I use SDMerge400-mod-gellmar-crazybyte's mod.
This mod merge L3's internal storage partition in into one. So the L3 no longer have divided storage (phone storage & internal storage).
First installation attempt was a total failure, it won't boot. So i have to brick the phone. So please read carefully the step-by-step about how to install this mod in the links provided below.
Links & Step by step
- Rooting LG L3: http://drippler.com/drip/how-root-lg-optimus-l3-e400-android-phone
- Install CWM Rom Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager
- SDMerge400 installation step-by-step: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/361722-sdmerge400-mod-gellmar-crazyby...
- CM9 Nightly build For LG L3 E400: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=e400
- How To brick LG L3 into default factory settings: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2582881 (use this in case you failed to flash the SDmerge-e400 mod)